Full Case Manager
Family Resource Center of South Florida, Inc. – Miami, FL
- This position requires a highly responsible individual who will be in charge of full case management services for Children who have been abused, abandoned and/or neglected.
- The Children in the caseload may or may not have open in Court cases.
- The Full Case Manager shall have a working knowledge of Florida Statutes Chapter 39 and shall be able to properly manage and organize Court appearances, service provisions, drafting of all necessary documents and compliance with all other statutory and agency requirements.
- The Full Case Manager shall be responsible for performing and documenting monthly home visits to every Child assigned to his/her caseload.
- The Full Case Manager shall be prepared to appear before Circuit Court Judges on a regular basis and properly represent the agency.
- The Full Case Manager shall be able to articulate to the Court the status of the Child and the family and the basis for any recommendation that the Full Case Manager makes to the Court.
- The Full Case Manager shall be responsible for all aspects of social work regarding every Child and family assigned to his/her caseload.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with the Full Case Management System as well as with the Child Welfare Dependency System in Miami Dade County
- Familiarity with Child Welfare and Child Welfare related computer programs.
- Must have a valid driver license and good driving history
- Must currently be certified with the Florida Board of Certification as a CWCM, CWP, or CWPI.
- Please go to http://flcertificationboard.org/# for your certification status, before applying to the position.
- If you are not currently certified you will not be considered for this position.
- Must be computer literate and able to use all case management electronic systems.
- Must have good listening, communication and writing skills.
- Must be willing to learn.
- Must be willing and able to work well with others and cooperate in the sharing of resources and information to obtain the final work product.
Specific Areas of Responsibility to Position:
- Complies with all statutory and legal requirements of case management;
- Complies with all staffing requirements developed by Child Welfare Legal Services (CWLS) attorneys, lead agency Intake and other departmental staff as well as any other entity whose collaboration is necessary for the best interests of the Client;
- Performs and documents in the proper venue monthly home visits for each client;
- Prepares chronological notes on a timely basis and ensure proper documentation of all activities related to the Client’s case;
- Addresses the Client’s needs in a timely manner, e.g., effectuates all changes of placements promptly and efficiently;
- Ensures that the Client’s needs are being met by ongoing regular discussions with other service providers for the client, e.g., targeted case managers, therapists, school personnel etc.;
- Prepares all necessary documentation for in Court presentation including but not limited to: Diligent Searches, Case Plans, Judicial Review/Social Studies/Reports, Pre-Dispositional Reports, Termination of Supervision Reports, Status Reports and any other documentation needed and/or requested by the Court;
- Prepares documentation to demonstrate to the Court the agency’s continued efforts to provide services for the Client and the family;
- Conducts home-studies for the purpose of out of town inquiries;
- Provides Courtesy Supervision once approved by the Lead Agency;
- Completes Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children (ICPC) packages and ensures proper submission and compliance with all pertinent regulations;
- Ensures that all necessary services for the Clients are in place, e.g., medical screenings, therapeutic services, cursory exams, tutoring etc. and when necessary drive the Client for required appointments;
- Maintains current automobile insurance and a valid drivers’ license. Full Case Managers shall utilize their own vehicles for the occasional transportation of clients. Therefore, the Full Case Manager shall notify his/her immediate supervisor of any situation causing his/her license to be suspended and/or his/her insurance coverage to lapse;
- Assists the Child Welfare Legal Services Attorney in all Termination of Parental Rights proceedings;
- Prepares and submits adoption packages and follows-up with process to ensure prompt resolution;
- Timely completes all assignments as requested by Full Case Management Supervisors and/or Administrators;
- Participates in the agency’s Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program;
- Contributes to the understanding and acceptance of cultural diversity within the agency and the community;
- Complies with all relevant JCAHO standards and regulations.
- Utilizes the agency’s resources in a fiscally conservative manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Full Case Management Supervisor, including On-Call responsibilities.
Please send resume to email@example.com Subject line: Certified Full Case Manager Position – Applicant Name
Job Type: Full-time