|POSITION:||Drug Court Specialist|
|SUPERVISED BY:||Full Case Management Supervisor|
|INTERRELATIONSHIPS:||Maintains open communication lines with Senior Management Team, Employees and Supervisors.|
|This position requires a highly responsible individual who serves as a liaison between the court, the treatment center and the adult participant. The Drug Court Specialist (DCS) is responsible for alcohol and drug abuse assessment, referrals to and enrollment in treatment services, alcohol and other drug testing, and process monitoring of the client(s) to the court. The DCS develops a Recovery Services Plan (RSP) with the client, which states all initial requirements for substance abuse treatment. The DCS notifies the court of the referral and acts as a liaison between the treatment site and the courts after the client has been admitted for treatment.|
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER INFORMATION|
|A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Dependency Court.|
|Experience with the treatment and dynamics of substance abuse and the recovery process, and/or experience with case management in the social services field with a minimum of 2 years working toward a career in social services.|
|Knowledge human behavior.
Knowledge of substance abuse, recovery, and it dynamics, and of the current assessment tools for substance abuse population.
Knowledge and familiarity with substance abuse agencies and their requirements.
Knowledge of interviewing techniques, casework principles and community resources.
Knowledge of the dependency court system.
Knowledge of computers and word processing programs.
Ability to be well organized and have adequate language and people skills.
Ability to identify the needs of the client(s).
Ability to maintain accurate case documentation and prepare written information.
Ability to maintain relationships with community partners and utilize resources as needed
Ability to perform tasks quickly and accurately.
Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
|5. AGE SPECIFIC INDIVIDUALS SERVED/RESPONSIBILITY:
|6. EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION:||Non-Exempt|
|7. JOB CATEGORY UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS:||Routine tasks involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations may arise in which the employee might encounter potential exposure to any of the above).|
|8. PERFORMANCE/PROFICIENCY STANDARDS:
|1. Arrives and leaves work on time.
2. Attends all mandatory trainings and required meetings.
3. Performs according to the Agency’s objectives 100% of the time.
4. Communicates with Administration, Full Case Management Staff, Courts and Treatment Center in a professional and timely manner.
5. Adheres and complies with all Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Standards.
|SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY TO POSITION|
|1. Provides intake services, interviews, and screens clients in order to assess the needs of the client on an ongoing basis.
2. Makes necessary contacts to obtain information regarding the client treatment status.
3. Responsible for verbal and written communication with the treatment center as a court representative.
4. Identifies and documents gaps in resources.
5. Provides referrals as needed to ensure compliance with case plan tasks.
6. Provides case management for the court, referral to treatment center, and acts as liaison to community services.
7. Maintains accurate and up to date records of client progress.
8. Attends court hearings to describe client progress and communication with treatment center.
9. Attends weekly case reviews to discuss the case status.
10. Requires meetings with clients and /or providers in the community on a regular basis.
11. Assists the clients in developing a support system/ Engaging family and friends in the process
12. Collaborate with child welfare on a regular basis
13. Inputs client information into the electronic case management system and collects data via the system as required.
14. Performs related work as required.
15. Participates in the agency’s Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program;
16. Contributes to the understanding and acceptance of cultural diversity within the agency and the community;
17. Complies with all relevant JCAHO standards and regulations.
18. Utilizes the agency’s resources in a fiscally conservative manner.
19. Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
CERTIFICATION OF RECEIPT AND UNDERSTANDING
|The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees who are assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
I hereby certify that I have reviewed a complete copy of my position description environment and understand my duties and responsibilities as described in the job description. I agree to perform the duties herein.
Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature Date
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Drug Court Specialist – Applicant Name.