- The Parent Instructor is responsible for all aspects of teaching the Parenting classes, which provides parenting skills to voluntary and court-mandated clients throughout Dade County.
- Master degree in Social Work, Counseling, Education or related field or Bachelor’s degree with experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral), especially to a large group.
- Proficient in computer applications (Microsoft and Excel).
- Must have good listening, communication and writing skills.
- Must be willing to learn.
- Must be willing and able to work well with others and cooperate in the sharing of resources and information to obtain the final work product.
Specific Area of Responsibility
- Teaching parenting in English and Spanish.
- Comply with class scheduled (Day and evening classes).
- Conduct presentations and classes throughout Dade County.
- Conduct program takes for clients.
- Schedule, conduct and provide written reports on pre and post observations of parent /child interaction.
- Administer AAPI (Adult Adolescent Parenting Inventory) and PSI (Parenting Stress Inventory).
- Make verbal and written reports to court and referral source as required.
- Attend training/ workshops on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in quarterly staff meeting.
- Comply with all guidelines established in grant.
- Contributes to the understanding and acceptance of cultural diversity within the agency and the community.
- Utilizes the agency’s resources in a fiscally conservative manner.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed as by Supervisor.
Email resumes to Resumes@FRCFlorida.org with the subject line: Parenting Instructor – Applicant Name.