- This position is responsible to facilitate purposeful activities and interactions between parents and children who have been removed from their homes under protective custody. As a Visitation Specialist, your role will be to observe and document family visits, model and teach daily living and parenting skills, and coordinate with other providers to ensure continuity of services. Moreover, It is your responsibility to proactively gauge, support and intervene as clinically indicated.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year experience with children and families at risk, or related field experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have good listening, communication and writing skills.
- Must be willing to learn.
- Must be willing and able to work well with others and cooperate in the sharing of resources and information to obtain the final work product.
- Bilingual – preferred fluent in English and Spanish
Specific Areas of Responsibility to Position:
- Conducts in-person intakes with parents and caseworkers, covering ground-rules and program components.
- Educates and assists parents through direct instruction and modeling.
- Ensures emotional and physical safety of all individuals during visits.
- Completes necessary training and contributes to ongoing program development and research.
- Coordinates with parent educator and incorporates educational functions into family visits, as required by curriculum design.
- Provides supervised visitations.
- Inference appropriately to foster positive parent-child relationship/ interaction through instruction and modeling.
- Advice case managers accordingly.
- Write reports for court as needed.
- To participate in supervision as required by agency policy and relevant State Law.
- To ensure that all programmatic and administrative practices comply with the highest relevant legal, professional, and ethical standards.
- To contribute to the promotion and understanding of multi-cultural differences in the workplace and in the field.
- To participate in the agency’s Quality Assurance program.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Visitation Specialist – Applicant Name.