|POSITION:||Clinical Administrative Assistant|
|SUPERVISED BY:||Clinical Director|
|INTERRELATIONSHIPS:||Maintains open communication lines with Senior Management Team, employees and Supervisor.|
|This position requires a highly responsible and efficient individual who will be in charge of providing assistance to the Clinical Director with administrative support as needed.|
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER INFORMATION|
|A High School Diploma or Associate Degree preferred.|
|The Administrative Assistant shall have knowledge and be able to operate all computer programs related to MESU Net, HMIS, KIS Express, DCF and SAMH.|
|Must be computer literate and able to use the systems including but not limited to MEVS Net, HMIS, KIS Express, DCF and SAMH.
Must have good listening, communication and writing skills.
Must be willing to learn.
Must be willing and able to work well with others and cooperate in the sharing of resources and information in order to obtain the final work product.
|5. AGE SPECIFIC INDIVIDUALS SERVED/RESPONSIBILITY:
|6. EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION:||Non-Exempt|
|7. JOB CATEGORY UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS:||Routine tasks involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations may arise in which the employee might encounter potential exposure to any of the above).|
|8. PERFORMANCE/PROFICIENCY STANDARDS:
|1. Arrives and leaves work on time
2. Attends all mandatory trainings and required meetings
3. Performs according to the Agency’s objectives 100% of the time
4. Communicates with employees in a professional and timely manner
5. Adheres and complies with all Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Standards
|SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY TO POSITION|
|1. Collects time sheets from Mental Health Staff.
2. Obtains and distributes pay checks to the mental health staff.
3. Orders supplies, as needed, for the mental health staff.
4. Obtains Medicaid numbers for clients.
5. Organizes all files in the Central office file room.
6. Obtains client’s files and documentation as needed.
7. Attends clinical staff meetings/ STAR meetings.
8. Assists clinical director with Our Kids requirements.
9. Processes all children referral, linkage, and follow-up with documentations.
10. Tracks referrals and linkage.
11. Tracks SAMH authorizations.
12. Receives, screens, and processes referrals for children. This is to include: clarification of what services are being requested and verifying Medicaid coverage, ensuring current coverage, informing case management of elapsed coverage, keeping a log of children without Medicaid and following up with case management.
13. Follows up with service providers to ensure children have been linked with services and on occasion acts as liaison between providers and case management.
14. Logs all LOCA cases in an internal spreadsheet, emails case managers to request referrals, expedites the referrals, follows up with providers to ensure a timely appointment date, obtains documentation for linkage purposes, and files documentation in ASK.
15. Files therapy and therapeutic visitation documentation (notes, reports, assessments).
16. Provides support to case management and therapists with any clinical information/documentation requested.
17. Creates therapeutic visitation files, including printing of referrals and all supporting documentation.
18. Complies with all requirements of safety officer, including attendance of meetings.
19. Responds to e-mails and phone calls on a daily basis and in a timely manner.
20. Collects all mail for the clinical department and distributes accordingly.
21. Participates in the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement programs of the agency.
22. Contributes to the understanding and acceptance of cultural diversity within the agency and the community.
23. Complies with all relevant JCAHO standards and regulations.
24. Utilizes the agency’s resources in a fiscally conservative manner.
25. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
|CERTIFICATION OF RECEIPT AND UNDERSTANDING|
|The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees who are assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
I hereby certify that I have reviewed a complete copy of my position description environment and understand my duties and responsibilities as described in the job description. I agree to perform the duties herein.
Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature Date
Email resumes to email@example.com with the subject line: Clinical Administrative Assistant – Applicant Name.