This position requires a very responsible individual who will be accessible to Administrative, Clerical and Case management personnel to assist with the transportation of Child(ren) in the dependency system as required by the Full Case Management Office. The Transportation Specialist is responsible for the safe and prompt transportation of the Child(ren) to all required appointments. This shall include but not be limited to:
- Visitation appointment with the Child(ren)’s parents or other designated relatives or significant others in the Child(ren)’s life
- All scheduled medical, dental, therapeutic or otherwise indicated services
- All scheduled school activities that require independent transportation
- Court Appearances
- Case Plan staffing(s) appearances for those Child(ren) that are age appropriate
- All other scheduled appointments as indicated by the Full Case Manager, Supervisor or Support Staff
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
- Familiarity with the Miami-Dade County area.
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must be open minded and willing to follow instructions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stoop, run, climb, and actively participate in activities related to the age of the group.
- Must have a good driving record for at least 5 years
- Must be willing to learn
- Must be willing and able to work well with others and cooperate in all aspects of the Case Management Program
Specific Areas of Responsibility to Position:
- Records all mileage and gasoline expenses in an organized and legible manner and provides it to the FRC finance Department on a timely basis.
- Ensures that the Child(ren) are transported in a safe and courteous manner including adhering to all traffic rules and regulations including proper usage of the vehicle used for transporting the Child(ren).
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and notifies his/her Supervisor of any situation causing his/her license to be suspended.
- Ensures that the Child(ren) arrive at his/her/their scheduled appointment on a timely basis.
- Forwards any and all documentation provided to the Transportation Specialist by the Child(ren)’s providers to the Case Manager upon receipt of those documents or within 24 hours of receipt of those documents.
- Works closely and cooperatively with Case Managers and other Full Case Management Staff and Administrators in the scheduling and smooth handling of the Child(ren)’s schedules and transportation requirements.
- Completes all assignments as requested by the Case Manager, Full Case Management Staff and/or Administrators in a timely manner.
- Performs other in-house duties as requested including but not limited to: office deliveries and pick ups, assisting office personnel with clerical duties and any other activities as directed by Administrators or other office personnel.
- Contributes to the understanding and acceptance of cultural diversity within the agency and the community.
- Facilitates communication between the Child(ren)’s providers and the agency.
- Ensures that all passengers wear seat belts or are placed in appropriate (age or weight) car seats and belted in.
- Ensures that any behavioral issues do not compromise the safety of any child in the van.
- Performs daily sign on and off sheets, accounting by name all children getting on an off the van.
- Ensures that each child is delivered to the care of a responsible adult upon leaving van (on the authorized list).
- Ensures that no child is ever left unattended while in the van, following all procedures put in place to prevent a child being left behind.
- Visually observes the health of each child in the van.
- Performs a complete visual safety check of each van driven, on a daily basis, completing daily pre and post checklists.
- Keeps interior of van clean daily, and van exterior as needed.
- Reports any needed repairs and deliver van to repair site.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Subject line: Transportation Specialist Position – Applicant Name
Job Type: Full-time